Policies & Etiquette
Payment for workshops cancelled two or more weeks before the start date is 100% refundable. If a workshop is cancelled less than two weeks before the start date, a 10% administrative fee will be retained. For cancellations 72 hours or less, before the start date, no refund will be made. The cancelled workshop may be replaced with another workshop of equal value. In the event of unforeseen events such as illness or a family emergency, exceptions may be made.
Discounts for Teachers, Police Officers, Firefighters, EMS, Military Service Members, and Senior Citizens may not be combined with membership/loyalty program discounts.
Sometimes, things can happen that are beyond our control on the way to an event. However, showing up late for a workshop can be very disruptive. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be allowed into the studio. In this event, we respectfully ask that you reschedule for another time or workshop.
Lost or Stolen Items
IO Workshop | Mélong Ling is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, we will put a notice on our website with the latest updates on delays and closings. You will also receive a text notification, if you are signed-up to receive text notifications from us.
Audiovisual Recordings Policy
Photography, videography and audio recordings are not permitted at any time without written permission by IO Workshop | Mélong Ling.
Harassment and Discrimination Policy
We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding any kind of verbal, sexual or physical harassment or discriminatory behavior. Anyone found exhibiting this type of behavior will be asked to leave the building immediately. Payment for any workshop will not be refunded. We believe that everyone should feel welcome at a yoga studio.
- Give yourself plenty of time to digest food before practicing.
- Please arrive 10 - 15 minutes before your scheduled workshop.
- Remove your shoes in the area just outside the studio door.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Please do not chew gum.
- Be mindful of your personal hygiene.
- Minimize perfume and/or cologne.
- Unless it's part of the workshop, please minimize conversation.
- If the workshop is crowded, please make room for fellow yogis.
- Please honor and respect the teacher and your body by listening and being mindful of your limitations.
- Clean up your immediate area.
- Try to stay for the entire workshop. If you must leave early, tell the teacher, if possible. Please leave quietly before the ending meditation, if applicable.